If any citizen of India wishes to change his or her religion, the procedure is as follows:
- An undertaking affidavit
- Original Newspaper publication
- Prescribed proforma duly computer typed and signed by the applicant and also two witnesses, in duplicate
- 2 Nos. self-attested passport size photographs duly self-attested by the applicant
- D. containing matter in prescribed proforma
- Certificate declaring that the contents of soft copy and hard copy are one and the same
- Covering letter to the Authorities
- Requisite fees by way of Demand Draft
- D. Proofs (Aadhar Card/Passport/Voter ID/Pan Card – any one of them) having photo I.D. proof and residential I.D. Proof
1) The applicant has to publish in a local leading daily newspaper regarding his or her intention of changing religion.
2) An undertaking affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum denomination (Rs.10/- ) stating therein his or her old name and proposed new name with full details of father or husband as the case maybe, residential address and date of change of religion in the proforma prescribed.
3) Printing matter as per the Proforma prescribed, duly signed by the applicant and also two witnesses.
Contact us we are ready to assist you always:
D.V.M. Rao Advocate
# 1-9-2, New Dilsukhnagar
Rajadhani Theatre Lane
Beside Old Sai Sanjeevini Hospital
Opp: Sri Sai Swagruha Foods
Vikasnagar, HYD-500 060
Mobile: 98663 92354